Last October I challenged myself to not spend any money for the entire month. It worked, but I was sick for a portion of the month, and was physically unable to shop. I know! I also had Eric buy some things at the store…
I’m going to challenge myself again this month and try not to spend any money. I think it will be harder this time because now I drive through Elk River every day. Hello Wal-Mart, Cub, Target, and Goodwill!
I came up with some guidelines:
1. No spending on crafts or home décor. Don’t even think about going into Michaels or Goodwill.
2. No spending on books or clothes.
3. No spending on chocolate or chips.
4. Only spend on needed groceries – milk, eggs, etc. and use coupons.
5. Complete any household projects with items already on hand.
Along with this no spending challenge, I’m going to try to purge every room in the house. I’m drawn more and more to the minimalistic approach to living, and want to try with the house.